Information on disabled visitor parking is here.
All faculty, staff, and students are required to pay for parking on campus.
UW employees with a disabled permit from the DOT may purchase a University disabled permit (UW DIS) which allows parking in unreserved permit stalls, unreserved meters or designated disabled stalls anywhere on campus. These are not valid for special events.
To apply for a UW DIS permit as follows (faculty/staff/students):
- All new applicants must contact their unit transportation coordinator to be entered into the permit application system (PAS).
- Once you are in the PAS, you can apply for disabled parking by completing the on-line application at: https://fpm-www3.fpm.wisc.edu/trans/permits.
- DOT DIS must pay at cashier-operated lots and at Special Events. UW DIS must pay the cashier at Special Events and when parked in Lot 75 (UW Hospital ramp).
- DOT and UW DIS permits are NOT valid at 25-minute stalls/meters.
- A temporary UW DIS may be purchased at any Transportation office with a University ID and written notification from a doctor. The temporary UW DIS permit is valid for a maximum period of one month and will not be extended without a State DOT permit.
- Individuals parked in DOT DIS or UW DIS stalls must display a valid disabled permit. Failure to display a permit, will result in a citation. See Citations/Enforcement. UW DIS hangtag (permit) and State-issued DIS parking permit must BOTH be displayed from rearview mirror when parked on campus.
- Annual baselot permitholders may park in a UW DIS stall in their assigned lot if they display their valid annual baselot permit and State DOT permit.
According to UW Administrative Code, Chapter 17.03(4)(a) and Chapter 18.05(2), repeat offenders receiving violations for illegal parking in disabled stalls will receive academic discipline. Discipline will be handled through the ADA coordinators office in Legal and Executive Affairs.