Applicants will be notified by e-mail or phone if the locker/cage they have requested is available or if they have been placed on a waiting list. Once notified, renters have 10 business days to accept their assignment.
Renters must sign a locker rental agreement and pay the appropriate rental payment, along with a $10 key deposit. Cash, check or credit cards are accepted. Payroll deduction is also available for UW faculty and staff.
You can view a map of the bike locker and cage locations on campus here. Please call the UW Bicycle/Pedestrian Coordinator at 263-2969 with any questions.
Any UW-Madison employee or student is eligible to rent a bike locker. Bicycle lockers are individual storage units constructed of a highly durable waterproof material with a security locking system. These features protect a bicycle not only from adverse weather conditions but also from thieves and vandals. Each locker is approximately 39" W by 74" L by 74" H and contains two separate spaces with one door on each end and a divider in the middle. They are available to rent on a first-come, first-served basis. Most lockers have a sizeable waitlist. Existing renters are given the right of first refusal for renewals.
Complete the Bicycle Locker Application to apply for a space.
Applicants can apply for a locker in more than one location and are asked to rank, in order of preference, the particular locations they are interested in renting.
- Locations: AFCH/Lot 63B, Agricultural Hall, Bock Labs, Computer Science, Grainger Hall, Lot 36, Memorial Library, Social Science, Steenbock Library, Taylor Hall, UWMF Centennial Building, Veterinary Medicine, Waisman Cneter and the WARF Building
- Annual Cost: $85
- Fall (September 1 - January 15): $32
- Spring (January 16 - May 31): $32
- Summer (June 1 - August 31): $21
Bike cages are a great option for bicycle commuters who wish to keep their bicycles and accessories safe, but also for the "intra-campus commuter." If you need an efficient way to get around campus during the day, consider bringing a bike to campus, and storing it a bike cage! There is no limit on the amount of time your bike can be stored, which also makes the cage a great option for students who don't want to have to bring their bikes home for the winter.
Any UW-Madison employee or student is eligible to rent space in a bike cage. Bicycle cages are shared storage areas, typically found inside parking ramps, with a secure locking system and protection from the weather. Cages protect a bicycle not only from adverse weather conditions but also from theft or vandalism. Space in the bike cages is available to rent on a first-come, first-served basis.
Complete the Bicycle Cage Application to apply for a space.
- Locations: Cages are available for rent in Lot 29 at 21 N. Park Street, in Lot 10 under the Education Building and in Lot 27 in the Nancy Nicholas Hall Garage.
- Annual Cost: $65
- Fall (September 1 - January 15): $25
- Spring (January 16 - May 31): $25
- Summer (June 1 - August 31): $15