**2015-16 bus passes (valid September 1, 2015 through August 31, 2016) go on sale Monday, August 3, 2015.**
Transportation Services administers an employee bus pass program to encourage employees to take transit to and from work. The employee bus pass allows for unlimited rides on Madison Metro Transit buses for eligible employees. Thousands of UW employees obtain a bus pass every year.
Bus passes are valid from September 1st of each year through August 31st of the following year.
Please see below for more information. If you have additional questions about the bus pass program please call 608-263-6667.
Most UW – Madison faculty and staff and UW Health employees are eligible for a bus pass. Eligible employees must be located on the UW - Madison campus. Employees must have an active appointment. Employees cannot obtain their bus pass before their first day of employment. If you have questions about your eligibility please call 608-263-6667.
- UW-Madison faculty and staff (including LTE's)
- UW Health Hospitals and Clinics employees
- UW-Madison emeriti
- UW Colleges employees and emeriti
- UW System employees and emeriti
- UW Extension employees
- UW student employees
- UW Medical Foundation employees
- UW Extension emeriti
- Retired persons without emeriti status
Employee groups that obtain their bus pass directly from their employer:
- UW Foundation
- Alumni Association
- WI Historical Society
- WI Crop Improvement Association
- Morgridge Institute for Research (MIR)
Students who pay segregated fees may be eligible for a pass through ASM. More information is available on ASM's Bus Pass page.
You can obtain your bus pass two ways:
1. Order your bus pass online. Your bus pass will be mailed to you. Directions can be found HERE.
2. Pick up your bus pass at one of our offices. Bring a photo ID. Hours and locations can be found HERE.
- Payment options include payroll deduction, check, credit card or cash.
- Bus passes cost $24.
- UW Health Hospitals and Clinics employees will have the full cost of their bus pass paid for by UW Health (please note that UW School and Medicine and Public Health employees are typically considered faculty/staff for purposes of bus pass, and thus UW Health does not cover the cost of their pass.)
- Bus passes are pro-rated monthly.
|Start of Sale through October 1
|April - August
To use the UW employee bus pass, you must have both the bus pass and your UW Wiscard, UW affiliate ID or UW Hospital ID with you when you board the bus. Swipe your bus pass upon boarding the bus. Information about swiping your bus pass is available at the Metro website. We recommend all UW employee bus pass users obtain a Wiscard from the Wiscard office. More information is available on the Wiscard website.
Bus passes are non-transferable. Only the person assigned the bus pass may use it. Your pass is subject to confiscation if misused. Bus pass use and replacement activity is monitored for fraud. Bus pass privileges will be revoked for customers found in violation of the bus pass policy.
In the event a pass is lost or stolen, customers may purchase a replacement bus pass for $20 by visiting one of our customer service locations. Cash, check and credit card are accepted. Be sure to bring a photo ID. Replacement bus passes are not available for purchase online. Replaced bus passes are no longer valid and are deactivated. If your bus pass is stolen, please bring a copy of the police report for our records. Defective bus passes or bus passes that no longer function properly due to normal wear and tear will be replaced free of charge.
Find the complete lost or stolen bus pass policy HERE.
Bus Pass Lost Stolen Form