Health Sciences Transportation Options

Your transportation alternatives for getting to the UW hospital include driving alone, carpooling or vanpooling, taking the bus, walking, and bicycling. In addition to selling parking permits and providing an employee bus pass, Transportation Services supplies a suite of services to support your commute including custom transit or bike route planning, emergency ride home, and carsharing.

Health Sciences Parking Information

There are various kinds of parking permits on campus available to UW Health employees. The main types are annual baselot, flex (pay as you go for very limited parking only), evening, or special 3rd shift permits. To apply for parking you need to have a Net ID and Password and to be put into the Parking Application System. Contact the people listed below for help with obtaining a Net ID and with getting into the Parking Application System. Note that not everyone is eligible to apply for parking (see Health Sciences Parking Website listed below).

    Recommended steps:
  • Determine what your general work schedule will be. This will affect the kind of permit you will want to get or are eligible to apply for.
  • Visit the Health Sciences Parking Website for parking applicant restrictions and links to apply for parking.
  • If you are not able to apply from the website, contact Unit Transportation Coordinator (see below) to be put into the Parking Application System.
  • Apply for parking via waitlist OR use Buy It Now to purchase parking in lots that are currently available.
  • When you are made an offer of parking (via waitlist), accept the offer over email and come pick up your permit after 11am the next working day at WARF.
  • If you don't wish to park, acquire a complimentary bus pass at any Transportation Services office by presenting your employee id and contact the Commuter Solutions Team for help in selecting bus routes.

Health Sciences Parking Contacts

Health Sciences includes:
School of Medicine and Public Health, School of Nursing, School of Pharmacy, State Lab of Hygiene, University Health Services, UW Hospital and Clinics, UW Medical Foundation

Contact Unit Transportation Coordinators:
Angela Johnson
(608) 263-7943