Lot 1 has 78 stalls of metered parking available daily in the lot adjacent to the Memorial Union and the Armory (Red Gym). Enter on Langdon Street.
Lot 6 (Helen C. White Library Parking Garage) has 175 metered parking spaces available. The lot is located west of Memorial Union, with the entrance on Park Street. The upper level is available to visitors daily, and the lower level is available to visitors evenings and weekends only, except on special event days.
Lot 7 (Grainger Hall Ramp) between University Avenue and Johnson Street with the entrance to the parking ramp off Brooks Street. During evening and weekend hours (excluding football games and other campus wide events) most of the approximately 400 space ramp is available for University visitors via booth attendant. 45 spaces available for limited hourly parking at paymaster stations daily. (Paymaster stations are explained in Lot 7.)
Lake Street Ramp is three blocks southeast of Memorial Union on Lake Street between State Street and University Avenue. It provides 1,200 spaces of paid visitor parking. Enter on Lake Street or Francis Street.
Lot 46 is located between University Avenue and Johnson Street, adjacent to University Square. More than 139 metered visitor spaces are available daily. Enter on Lake Street.
Lot 83 (Fluno Center) is adjacent to Lot 46 with spaces.. Enter on Lake Street.
Basic directions to the Memorial Union for those interested in busing, biking, or walking are provided here. For more precise route planning assistance, please contact our UW Commuter Solutions team.
Arrive by Bike
- The Missing Link/Capital City Trail runs one block south of campus and provides connections to the Monroe Street area and on south of the beltline, as well as to the east side of Madison. Exit at the East Campus Mall and head north to the Union.
- The Howard Termin Lakeshore Path runs north of campus along the shore of Lake Mendota and provides access to Shorewood Hills and Eagle Heights and points west.
- The Campus Drive Path runs west and south of campus just north of Campus Drive and provides access to Shorewood Hills and western Madison and Middleton via the Blackhawk Path. The path exits to campus on Linden Drive. Proceed to Elm, turn left, and enter the Howard Termin Lakeshore Path at the boathouse.
- Gorham Street has bike lanes that provide access from the east and north. Access Memorial Union via State Street.
- Park Street has bike lanes that provide access from the south.
- City of Madison bike map is available online here.
- Visit our bicycling pages.
- Have us plan your route!.
Arrive by Foot
- See bike paths above or travel along sidewalks.
- Wear visible clothing and be predictable.
- When walking at night, walk in groups or call SAFE Nighttime Services.
- Visit our walking page.