The Accessible Circulator Shuttle provides supplemental service to the campus bus for those with specific mobility needs. Note: as of Sept. 1, 2016 the shuttle no longer serves private residences or businesses—the shuttle only serves campus buildings.
For pickup at a non-fixed stop location:
(608) 890-1352 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Service begins September 2, 2020 for the 2020-21 year. Public health safety measures include:
- Face masks must be worn while riding*. Drivers will wear a mask.
- Shuttles will be wiped down and cleaned with anti-viral spray every night.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made for those unable to do this for medical reasons.
- Shuttle operates Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. until 7:30 p.m. during fall and spring UW class sessions and exam periods. No service on UW holidays, weekends, winter break, spring break or in the summer.
- The shuttle is a small vehicle marked “UW Accessible Circulator Shuttle” and has a wheelchair lift.
- Shuttle service is intended to supplement campus bus and paratransit service for those with mobility issues, whether temporary or permanent. Service is available to UW employees, students, visitors, and affiliates. No pre-registration is required to use this service.
- You may board the shuttle at any designated circulator fixed route stop or call for pickup at another campus building within the service boundary. You may request drop-off at any campus building within the service boundary. Between circulator fixed route stops, the shuttle may travel along any path and will not stop at other bus stops.
- For service to non-campus buildings or locations outside the shuttle boundary, qualifying customers can register for Madison Metro Paratransit Service; see the Metro Paratransit website for more details.
- See shuttle schedule info below. The shuttle makes every effort to stop at every fixed route stop every 20 minutes, but if you would like pickup at a fixed route stop, please call to let the dispatcher know you are waiting at a fixed route stop.
- You can track shuttle locations using the website herecomesthebus.com or app “Here Comes the Bus” with school code 29011. Step-by-step directions are available in UW Circulator Shuttle GPS Locator Guide (PDF).
How to use the shuttle
Circulator boundaries are Lake Mendota to the north between Walnut Street to N. Frances Street, Marsh Drive to the north of the UW Hospital (passing in front of the Nielsen Tennis Stadium), University Bay Drive to the west, Campus Drive to the south between University Bay Drive and Lathrop Street, and Regent Street to the south between Lathrop Street and Frances Street.
- When the shuttle approaches, signal to the driver your interest to board, if you are able. The driver will exit the vehicle and do a brief check for riders. If you are worried that you may be passed, call the dispatcher to inform them where you will be waiting so the driver can find you.
- Please let the driver know if you require boarding assistance. Upon boarding the shuttle, inform the driver of your destination.
- Please call for pickup at least one hour before your desired pickup time. You must provide a 20 minute window for your desired pickup time (10 minutes before and 10 minutes after your desired time). Be aware that it may take up to 30 minutes after your pickup time to be dropped off at your destination.
- Please be prepared to provide your name, a call back phone number, and desired pickup address/time when you call.
- Pre-scheduling of regular rides is encouraged by emailing email@example.com.
- You can track real-time shuttle locations using the website herecomesthebus.com or app “Here Comes the Bus” with school code 29011. Step-by-step directions are available in UW Circulator Shuttle GPS Locator Guide (PDF).
- Circulator Shuttle Service Map (PNG) (also see above) and Service Map with Schedule (PDF)
The shuttle makes every effort to stop at every fixed route stop every 20 minutes, but if you would like pickup at a fixed route stop, please call to let the dispatcher know you are waiting at a fixed route stop.
|Circulator Fixed Stop Address||Details on Stop|
|1. Humanities Bldg – 455 N. Park St.||Wait in covered walkway at Humanities or inside doors closest to driveway. Pick up is at driveway.|
|2. Social Sciences – 1180 Observatory Dr.||Wait by doors, or inside, at corner of Observatory Drive and Charter Street.|
|3. Allen Gardens – 620 Babcock Dr.||Wait in bus shelter on north side of Observatory Drive.|
|4. Agricultural Engineering Lab – 540 Elm Dr.||Wait in bus shelter or inside doors on west side of Elm Drive.|
|5. WID Building – 330 N. Orchard St.||Wait at coffee shop, in nearest vestibule, or at curb. Pick-up is at pull-out on Orchard Street.|