The Accessible Circulator Shuttle provides on-call supplemental service to the campus bus for those with specific mobility needs. The shuttle only serves campus buildings.
For pickup, call:
or email email@example.com
Accessible circulator shuttle service resumes September 7, 2022 for the 2022-23 year.
- The shuttle operates Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. until 7:30 p.m. during fall and spring UW class sessions and exam periods. There is no service on UW holidays, weekends, winter break, spring break or in the summer.
- The shuttle is a four-door van marked with the UW and vendor (Riteway) logos and is wheelchair accessible. Please contact Riteway at (608) 890-1352 for additional visual descriptors, as vehicle specifics may change.
- Shuttle service is intended to supplement campus bus and paratransit service for those with mobility issues, whether temporary or permanent. Service is available to UW employees, students, visitors, and affiliates. No pre-registration is required to use this service.
- You may call for pickup and request to be dropped off at any campus building within the service boundary.
- For service to non-campus buildings or locations outside the shuttle boundary, qualifying customers can register for Madison Metro Paratransit Service; see the Metro Paratransit website for more details.
- For service boundaries, scroll down for a map or download the Accessible Circulator Shuttle Boundaries map (PDF).
- You can track shuttle locations using the website herecomesthebus.com or app “Here Comes the Bus” with school code 29011. Step-by-step directions are available in UW Circulator Shuttle GPS Locator Guide (PDF).
How to use the shuttle
Circulator boundaries are Lake Mendota to the north between Walnut Street to N. Frances Street, Marsh Drive to the north of the UW Hospital (passing in front of the Nielsen Tennis Stadium), University Bay Drive to the west, Campus Drive to the south between University Bay Drive and Lathrop Street, and Regent Street to the south between Lathrop Street and Frances Street.
- Please call for pickup at least one hour before your desired pickup time. You must provide a 20 minute window for your desired pickup time (10 minutes before and 10 minutes after your desired time). Be aware that it may take up to 30 minutes after your pickup time to be dropped off at your destination.
- Please be prepared to provide your name, a call-back phone number, and desired pickup address/time when you call.
- When the shuttle approaches, signal to the driver your interest to board, if you are able. The driver will exit the vehicle and do a brief check for riders. If you’re concerned you could be passed, call the dispatcher to inform them where you will be waiting so the driver can find you.
- Please let the driver know if you require boarding assistance. Upon boarding the shuttle, inform the driver of your destination.
- Pre-scheduling recurring rides is recommended: email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can track real-time shuttle locations using the website herecomesthebus.com or app “Here Comes the Bus” with school code 29011. Step-by-step directions are available in UW Circulator Shuttle GPS Locator Guide (PDF).