The Accessible Circulator Shuttle provides supplemental service to the campus bus for those with mobility issues. Note: as of Sept. 1, 2016 the shuttle no longer serves private residences or businesses—the shuttle only serves campus buildings.
For pickup at a non-fixed stop location:
(608) 890-1352 or email@example.com
Questions or comments regarding this service can be directed to the Commuter Solutions Team.
- Shuttle operates Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. until 7:30 p.m. during fall and spring UW class sessions and exam periods. No service on UW holidays, weekends, winter break, spring break or in the summer.
- The shuttle is a small Badger Bus marked “UW Accessible Circulator Shuttle” and has a wheelchair lift. Example photo of the circulator shuttle
- Shuttle service is intended to supplement campus bus and paratransit service for those with mobility issues, whether temporary or permanent. Service is available to UW employees, students, visitors, and affiliates. No pre-registration is required to use this service.
- You may board the shuttle at any designated Circulator fixed route stop or call for pickup at another campus building within the service boundary. You may request drop-off at any campus building within the service boundary. Between Circulator fixed route stops, the shuttle may travel along any path and will not stop at other bus stops. For service to non-campus buildings or locations outside the shuttle boundary, qualifying customers can register for Madison Metro Paratransit Service; see the Metro Paratransit website for more details.
- The shuttle makes every effort to stop at every Circulator fixed route stop at the posted time. However, during times of peak demand, the shuttle does sometimes skip stops. If the shuttle has not arrived at your Circulator fixed stop by the posted time OR you need more certainty about your pickup time, please call to let the dispatcher know you are waiting at a fixed route stop.
How to use the shuttle
Circulator boundaries are Lake Mendota to the north between Walnut Street to N. Frances Street, Marsh Drive to the north of the UW Hospital (passing in front of the Nielsen Tennis Stadium), University Bay Drive to the west, Campus Drive to the south between University Bay Drive and Lathrop Street, and Regent Street to the south between Lathrop Street and Frances Street.
- When the shuttle approaches, signal to the driver your interest to board, if you are able. The driver will exit the vehicle and do a brief check for riders. If you are worried that you may be passed, call the dispatcher to inform them where you will be waiting so the driver can find you.
- Upon boarding the shuttle, inform the driver of your destination and if you require boarding assistance.
- Please call for pickup at least one hour before your desired pickup time. You must provide a 20 minute window for your desired pickup time (10 minutes before and 10 minutes after your desired time). Be aware that it may take up to 30 minutes after your pickup time to be dropped off at your destination.
- Please be prepared to provide your name, a call back phone number, and desired pickup address/time when you call.
- Pre-scheduling of regular rides is encouraged (email firstname.lastname@example.org for access to a simple pre-scheduling Google Document).
- Real time shuttle locations are available online or via mobile app from www.saucontds.com. You will need to call (608) 890-1352 or email email@example.com in order to obtain a login.
- Circulator Shuttle Service Map (PNG) (also see above) and Service Map with Schedule (PDF)
The shuttle makes every effort to stop at every fixed route stop at the posted time. However, during times of peak demand, the shuttle does sometimes skip stops. If the shuttle has not arrived at your fixed stop by the posted time OR you need more certainty about your pickup time, please call to let the dispatcher know you are waiting at a fixed route stop.
|Circulator Fixed Stop Address||Details on Stop:||Stops every hour on the:||First pickup||Last pickup|
|1. Humanities Bldg – 455 N. Park St.||Wait in covered walkway at Humanities or inside doors closest to driveway. Pick up is at driveway.||0:10 | 0:30 | 0:50||7:30 a.m.||6:50 p.m.|
|2. Social Sciences – 1180 Observatory Dr.||Wait by doors, or inside, at corner of Observatory Drive and Charter Street.||0:15 | 0:35 | 0:55||7:35 a.m.||6:55 p.m.|
|3. Allen Gardens – 620 Babcock Dr.||Wait in bus shelter on north side of Observatory Drive.||0:05 | 0:25 | 0:45||7:45 a.m.||7:05 p.m.|
|4. Agricultural Engineering Lab – 540 Elm Dr.||Wait in bus shelter or inside doors on west side of Elm Drive.||0:10 | 0:30 | 0:50||7:50 a.m.||7:10 p.m.|
|5. WID Building – 330 N. Orchard St.||Wait at coffee shop, in nearest vestibule, or at curb. Pick-up is at pull-out on Orchard Street.||0:00 | 0:20 | 0:40||8 a.m.||7:20 p.m.|