Flex Rates and Payment
|Day||Time||Trip Charge||Hourly Charge||Max|
|Monday – Friday||7 a.m. – 4:29 p.m.||$4 for first 4 hours||$1 / hour after 4 hours||$8|
|Monday – Friday||4:30 p.m. – Midnight||None||$0.75 / hour||$3.75|
|Saturday – Sunday||7 a.m. – Midnight||None||$0.75 / hour||$3.75|
Rates begin upon entrance and end upon exit. There is no grace period. The charge is hourly; you must pay for the entire hour you are in the lot, even if you are only there a portion of that hour.
You are responsible for any charges from your cellular service provider or fees from your credit card company.
Flex parking is free on State of Wisconsin legal holidays, including: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve.
- If you pay for parking during the day and reach your $8 max, there is no additional charge if you park for the rest of the evening.
- If you begin your parking session before 4:30 p.m. and do not reach your daily maximum, your rate per hour will switch over to the evening rates after 4:30 p.m. You will not pay more than the $8 daily maximum.
- If you begin parking after 4:30 p.m., you will pay the evening rates and you will not pay more than the $3.75 evening maximum.
- Example Flex payment sessions (PDF)
- You must display your permit AND pay via phone, web, or mobile app to park lawfully. You must create an account with ParkMobile to pay for parking.
- You are responsible for:
- knowing the lot’s hours and being in paid status during the lot’s hours of control,
- using the correct location code, and
- paying for the correct license plate.
You cannot retroactively pay ParkMobile for missed payments.
A Flex permit is valid in your assigned lot only between 7 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. on weekdays. Outside of those hours and all day on weekends, Flex permit holders can use their permits in certain other campus parking lots. A Flex permit may be used in “controlled at all times” lots when they are open to any valid UW permit (4:30 p.m. – 7 a.m.), but the permit must be displayed and the vehicle be in paid status using the zone code from your primary lot. If a lot is open to the public after enforcement hours, payment is not required.
If paying online or in the mobile app, the system will prompt you to choose the number of hours to park OR to select the daily maximum. If you intend to park 8 hours or more (for sessions beginning before 4:30 p.m. on weekdays OR >5 hours after 4:30 p.m. on weekdays/weekends), it is important to select the daily maximum to be shown in paid status beyond 8 hours. If you select a flat 8 hours, you are only in paid status for 8 hours from the time you start the session.
When paying over the phone (not via the app), the system will tell you the max number of hours available to park. Select the maximum if you intend to park beyond the lengths of time described above.
Flex Parking Lots and Payment Codes
|Flex Lot||Garage / Ramp Name||ParkMobile Zone #|
|6||HC White Garage||25006|
|7||Grainger Hall Garage||25007|
|17||Engineering Drive Ramp||25017|
|29||North Park Street Ramp||25029|
|36||Observatory Drive Ramp||25036|
|38||Microbial Sciences Garage||25038|
|46||Lake and Johnson Ramp||25046|
|67||Linden Drive Garage||25067|
|75||UW Hospital & Clinics Ramp||25075|
|76||University Bay Ramp||25076|
|83||Fluno Center Garage||25083|
|95||Health Sciences Garage||25095|