Plan your park and ride route
Contact Commuter Solutions to learn how park and rides can work for you and get a custom route plan.
UW park and ride permits provide a low-cost parking option for employees to park off campus and use alternative forms of transportation to campus. One park and ride location is currently available:
- Lot 202 – Park Street and Wingra Drive | Lot 202 and shuttle information packet (PDF)
Lot 202 is serviced by a park and ride shuttle that drops off at designated stops around campus. A UW park and ride permit is required to use the shuttle.
Park for free and ride Madison Metro to your destination. Complimentary bicycle parking is also available. Check the Madison Metro website for complete and up-to-date park and ride lot details, route information, and service schedules.
- Dutch Mill
Hwy. 12 & 18/Hwy. 51
227 parking spaces
Served by Route L
West lot: 7-day parking limit for all stalls not marked as 30-minute
East lot: Daily parking in the northern rows closest to Metro bus stop. 7-day parking in remaining rows.
- Sun Prairie
Reiner Rd. and O’Keeffe Ave. South of Reiner Rd. Hwy 151 exit.
73 parking spaces
Served by Routes A, S, and W
- American Center
East Park Blvd.
141 parking spaces
Route A stops one block to the west of this location on American Pkwy.
Vehicles may remain parked at this lot for 48 hours
Intersection of US 18/151/Old PB (2565 Old PB Co. Road)
Served by Routes 55 and 75
Cars may remain parked at this lot for 48 hours
Madison Metro employee bus passes
The above park-and-rides are served by Madison Metro bus routes.
The Department of Transportation (DOT) manages the following locations, which provide free parking. Madison Metro does not serve these lots, but they make good carpool meeting spots or bike hubs. For more details visit the DOT’s Park and Ride page.
- Cottage Grove (County TT/County N)
- DeForest (I-39/90/94 /County V)
- Madison, Dutch Mill (US 12/18 /US 51 (Stoughton Rd.))
- Madison, American Center (US 151/American Pkwy.)
- Mazomanie (US 14/WIS 78)
- Middleton (US 12/Parmenter St.) – access to US 12 bike path
- Mount Horeb (US 151/WIS 78) – access to Military Ridge State Trail
- Sauk City (US 12/WIS 188)
- Springfield Corners (US 12/WIS 19)
- Verona (US 18/151 /Old PB)