Multiple streets around Langdon Street will be closed on Friday afternoon, October 20, for the UW Homecoming Parade. The parade starts at 6 p.m. The following streets will be closed:
- Langdon Street (Lake St to Wisconsin Ave) 4 – 9:30 p.m.
- Wisconsin Avenue (Langdon St to W Gilman St) 4 – 9:30 p.m. — A driving lane will be kept open to the Edgewater Hotel.
- W Gilman Street (University Ave to Wisconsin Ave) 5 – 7:30 p.m.
- N Lake Street (University Ave to Langdon St) 7 – 9:30 p.m. — Access will be maintained to the State Street-Campus parking garage
- Langdon Street (N Park St to N Lake St) 7 – 9:30 p.m.
More details and a street closure map can be found in the City of Madison street closure announcement.
Due to the road closures, several bus routes will detour. The campus bus routes 80, 81, and 82 will detour from State Street and Langdon Street from 4 to 9 p.m. on Friday. See detour details and maps on the Madison Metro Detours page. Routes 4, 6, and 29 will also detour, from 4 to about 7:30 p.m.
Access to all campus lots and parking facilities will be maintained, although access may be difficult due to vehicle and pedestrian traffic.
Visiting for the homecoming football game versus Maryland on Saturday, Oct. 21? If you aren’t a seasonal football parking permit holder, game day parking is still available for $5 in Lots 60 and 76 or $15 in Lots 37, 46, 57 and 58. 2017-18 Football Game Day Parking (PDF)
There is also the UW Football Bucky Bus, which runs every 10 minutes for two hours before the game and one hour after the game. The cost is $6 round trip or $3 return trip. The shuttle picks up from UW lots 60/76 and 64.