Detours for Freakfest begin the evening of Friday, Oct. 26 with select Metro transit routes, and full traffic detours in effect on Saturday, Oct. 27. The City of Madison has a full post on street closures, Metro Transit detours, and traffic maps available on the City website. A summary of closures is below.
Friday night impacts
Streets will be open on Friday night. No buses will serve Capitol Square starting at 6 p.m. on Friday through end of service on Sunday, Oct. 28. Capitol loop Metro detour information
Full details on Metro detours can be found on the Metro Transit detour page.
- West Gilman Street between State Street and North Henry Street closes at 8 a.m.
- West Mifflin Street on Capitol Square closes at 2 p.m.
- Lake Street, Johnson Street, and Dayton Street all close at 5 p.m. Gorham Street will stay open until 6 p.m.
All the above noted streets will be closed until approximately 3 a.m. on Sunday, Oct. 28.
Metro Transit detours
Metro routes will detour due to the above road closures, impacting Routes 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8, as well as campus routes 80, 81, and 82. Full details on detours can be found on the Metro Transit detour page.
- No buses will serve Capitol Square through end of service on Sunday, Oct. 28. Capitol loop Metro detour information
- Routes 2, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 detour from the Capitol Square and State Street all day. Downtown Metro detour information
- Route 80 buses detour from Langdon St. via University Ave., to Park St., to Observatory Dr. The route continues to follow a regular Saturday schedule. Instead of regular Route 81 and 82 service, a “Special Events” bus will be running a combined schedule and route. The campus detour map and schedule can be found on the Metro campus routes detour page.