The 2019 Crazylegs Classic is Saturday, April 27. Two different courses (8K and 2 mile) will travel through campus, causing lane and street closures. UWPD will direct and adjust closures on a rolling schedule, as the final participants move through an area. Anticipate closures between 9:30 a.m. and noon.
- Observatory Drive between N. Park Street and Walnut Street closed
- Park Street and Lake Street north of University Avenue closed
- N. Charter Street from University Avenue to W. Dayton Street closed
- Part of Marsh Drive and University Bay Drive closed/limited traffic
- Walnut Street north of University Avenue closed
- “Old” University Avenue from Walnut Street to N. Breese Terrace closed
- Southbound traffic only on Charter Street from Linden to University Avenue; northbound traffic use Babcock Drive or Henry Mall
Madison Metro Routes 2, 4, 6, and 80 detour on Saturday from start of service until approximately noon. See more on the Metro Crazylegs detour information webpage.
Permit holders coming to campus on Saturday morning should expect traffic delays and necessary detours.
|16, 18, 19||Inaccessible approximately 5 a.m. – 2 p.m.; relocate to Lot 17, 20, or an available surface lot.|
|5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 26, 36, 41, 57, 58, 59, 60||Inaccessible between approximately 9:30 a.m. – noon on Saturday.|
|4, 12, 17, 20, 23, 27, 38, 39, 40, 62, 64, 65, 76||Lots accessible, but an alternate route will be necessary due to road closures.|
|34, 35, 37, 56, 80||Lots accessible, but an alternate route will be necessary. Note: UWPD will allow traffic to cross the race route when there are sufficient gaps between runners.|
|Moped 690, 695||Inaccessible Saturday; use moped lots 694 and 653 (moped map – PDF).|
Map of Crazylegs campus impacts: transportation.wisc.edu/maps/CrazylegsDetours2019