Take note! Campus and city-wide winter parking rules go into effect on Wednesday, Nov. 15, 2017 and last through Thursday, March 15, 2018.
Campus Winter Parking Rules
- These rules apply from 2 a.m. to 6 a.m. every day from November 15 through March 15, regardless of weather conditions.
- No parking on Observatory Drive or Linden Drive. This includes Lot 26 and 40.
- There is restricted parking in lots 16, 34, 40, 50, 51 and 137. Please park in designated rows (marked by the “Shovelin’ Bucky” signs).
- Top levels of ramps may be blocked off to better facilitate snow removal.
- Winter Parking Rules Map
Campus Snow Action Day Rules and Safe Practices
- Snow Action Days will be called by the university in the event of major winter weather.
- Review and adhere to all winter parking rules listed above. Help keep the roads and parking lots clear.
- No parking is allowed on the top level of university ramps. Vehicles must be moved prior to 7 a.m. to avoid citation and relocation.
- Leave your cars, mopeds, and bicycles at home. Fewer vehicles on the roads mean less congested, safer travel for all.
- Dress for the weather. Wear warm clothes and shoes with excellent traction.
- Winter commuting tips
For City of Madison winter parking information (alternate side parking, Snow Emergency Zone parking), check out the Madison Winter Parking announcement.