The 2022 Crazylegs Classic is Saturday, April 30. Two different courses (8K and 2 mile) will travel through campus, causing lane closures and Metro Transit detours. Anticipate delays in the campus area between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.
The UW-Madison Police Department will direct and adjust closures on a rolling schedule as the final participants move through an area.
Each course will begin at Library Mall/Lake Street and finish at the Camp Randall Memorial Arch. Several streets in downtown Madison and on the UW-Madison campus will be closed or reduced to one lane. The campus streets impacted include:
- Breese Terrace: from University Avenue to Field House
- Charter Street: from Observatory Drive to Dayton Street
- Dayton Street: from Charter Street to Randall Avenue
- Langdon Street: from Carroll Street to Park Street
- Marsh Drive: from University Bay Drive to Walnut Street
- Monroe Street: from Field House to Randall Avenue / Spring Street
- Observatory Drive: from North Park Street to Walnut Street
- Orchard Street: from Spring Street to Dayton Street
- Park Street: from University Avenue to Observatory Drive
- Randall Avenue: from Spring Street to south of Engineering Drive
- Spring Street: from Randall Avenue to Orchard Street
- University Avenue: from Walnut Street to Breese Terrace
- University Bay Drive: from Walnut Street to Marsh Drive
- Walnut Street: from University Bay Drive to University Avenue
Madison Metro Route 80 will detour on Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. The race will also impact Routes 2, 4, 6, 7 and 13. See more at the Metro detour information webpage.
Permit holders coming to campus on Saturday morning should expect traffic delays and detours. See the chart below for impacted lots and relocation instructions.
|18, 19||Closed between approximately 5 a.m. – 2 p.m. Permit holders must relocate to Lot 17 (Engineering Drive Ramp) or Lot 33 or 45 on Mills Street.|
|2, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 26, 36, 41, 56, 58, 59, 60, 80||Inaccessible between approximately 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Please refer to the campus parking map to find an alternate parking location (green or yellow lots).|
|12, 17, 21, 23, 27, 30, 38, 39, 40, 64, 65, 67||Lots accessible but an alternate route may be necessary due to road or lane closures in the area. Use Babcock Drive or Henry Mall to travel north. Charter Street will be open southbound only. Park Street (both lanes) will be closed north of University Avenue. Lots 64 and 65 will be limited to the north entrance/exit via Highland Avenue & Observatory Drive. Lot 67 (Linden Drive Garage) will be limited to the south entrance/exit via Linden Drive.|
|4, 34, 35, 37, 76||Lots accessible, but an alternate route may be necessary. UWPD will direct traffic and may permit travel during sufficient gaps between runners. Lot 76 (University Bay Drive Ramp) will be limited to the south entrance/exit via Highland Avenue & Marsh Drive. Lot 4 and Veterinary Medicine patients are recommended to avoid Walnut Street and instead take Babcock Drive to a police-directed path from Observatory Drive through Lot 59. Patients who do travel from University Avenue to Walnut Street will also be police-directed but may experience longer traffic delays.|
|Moped lot 653||Inaccessible Saturday; use moped lots 690, 694 or 695 (moped map).|