The 2023 Crazylegs Classic is Saturday, April 29. Two different courses (8K and 2 mile) will travel through campus, causing lane closures and Metro Transit detours. Anticipate delays in the campus area from approximately 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
The UW–Madison Police Department (UWPD) will direct and adjust closures on a rolling schedule as the final participants move through an area.
Each course will begin at Library Mall/Lake Street and finish inside Camp Randall Stadium. Several streets on the UW–Madison campus will be closed or reduced to one lane. Impacted campus streets include:
- Breese Terrace
- Charter Street: between Dayton and Observatory
- Dayton Street: between Charter and Randall
- Langdon Street: between Park and Carroll
- Lathrop Drive
- Marsh Drive: between University Bay and Walnut
- Monroe Street: between Randall and Regent
- Observatory Drive: except west of Walnut
- Park Street: between University and Observatory
- Randall Avenue: between Dayton and Monroe
- University Avenue: between Breese Terrace and Walnut
- University Bay Drive: between Lake Mendota Drive and Walnut
- Walnut Street: between University and University Bay
Madison Metro Route 80 will detour on Saturday from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. The race will also impact Routes 2, 4, 6, 7, and 13. See details at Metro’s detour information page.
Permit holders coming to campus on Saturday morning should expect traffic delays and detours. See the chart below for impacted lots and relocation instructions.
|18, 19||Closed approximately 5 a.m. to 2 p.m. Permit holders may relocate to Lot 17 (Engineering Drive Ramp) or please refer to the campus parking map to find an alternate parking location (green or yellow lots).|
|2, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 26, 36, 41, 56, 58, 59, 80||May be inaccessible approximately 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Please refer to the campus parking map to find an alternate parking location (green or yellow lots).|
|12, 17, 21, 23, 27, 30, 38, 39, 40, 60, 64, 65, 67||Lots accessible but an alternate route may be necessary due to road or lane closures.|
|4, 34, 35, 37||Lots accessible, but an alternate route may be necessary. UWPD will allow traffic to cross the race route when there are sufficient gaps between runners. Lot 4 and Veterinary Medicine patients are recommended to avoid Walnut Street and instead take Babcock Drive to a police-directed path from Observatory Drive through Lot 59. Patients who do travel from University Avenue to Walnut Street will also be UWPD-directed but may experience longer traffic delays.|
|Moped Lots 690, 694, 695||Inaccessible Saturday; use moped lots 652 or 653 (moped map).|