Departmental vehicle is the term used to describe long-term (year+) leases. While assigned to a department, the vehicles are not considered to be available to other Fleet customers for reservations. Departmental assignments are subject to review for required utilization and/or justification according to standards set by the Wisconsin Department of Administration.
With justification, a vehicle as humble as a small sedan or as complex and capable as the job calls for can be procured by UW Fleet and leased to a department.
Fleet must provide mileage records to the Department of Administration via the Wisconsin Fleet System Management website.
- It is the responsibility of the department to keep mileage records and submit them monthly for all vehicles, whether they may be owned by fleet or by a department.
- Gas and maintenance may be obtained through UW-Madison Fleet Garage (608-262-3555).
- Vehicles are titled and licensed through the UW Fleet office.
- Copies of titles are available from UW Fleet; all original titles are kept at the Department of Administration.
- Vehicle registrations should be kept in the glove compartment of the vehicle.
- To replace lost, stolen or damaged plates, call (608) 262-1307.