UW Fleet Rates for Fiscal Year 2021 and 2022 – Rates effective 7/1/2020
Fleet rates include collision and liability insurance, fuel, and repairs.
Rates are based on days reserved (calendar days) and miles. Some rates feature an allowance of ‘included’ miles. ‘Included miles’ are waived with a corresponding penalty and increased cost to departments who report miles late. Miles reports are due on the last day of each month with a five day grace period.
No fees apply to early returns. Late fees (starting at 6 a.m. the day following the due date) are $4 an hour, up to a maximum of $20 a day.
When service work is required on vehicles leased from the fleet, a limited supply of loaners are available for reservation on a first come first served basis. Loaners will be charged by the mile. No-show fees and late fees for reserved loaners will apply. Loaners for vehicles not owned by the fleet will be billed at the full motor pool rate.
Department of Administration (DOA) Rates
DOA Central Fleet Rates FY12 – As of 6/2/2021, these FY12 rates have not changed.
A grant or direct change funding string is required to pay for vehicles. Cash, credit/debit cards and checks are not accepted.
Fleet “T number” billing statements are published in the same way with the same format and the same access on the Internet as the Transportation Services “TS number” billing and the Physical Plant “B number” billing.
How to view statements
- Use the Financial Management portal.
- Look in the upper left corner for either the word ‘login’ or ‘logout’. If it’s ‘login’, click on it and enter your Net ID. If it’s ‘logout’ then don’t click; look for the horizontal black bar near the top of the page with white text tab names on it.
- Click on the ‘Billing Search’ tab.
- Click on the ‘New Search’ button.
- You will navigate through first search criteria and then the desired date range before the search can be run.
- Save frequently used search criteria to allow quick re-use in future visits to the Dashboard.
Fleet billing statements are prepared and published on the Internet monthly, on approximately the tenth to the thirteenth depending on the number and complexity of adjustments, and to allow the responsible users to report their monthly miles. Statements are published on the Internet the first business day after they are posted to 3270. Each billing statement is dated the first of the month following the billing period. Example, the statement dated 8/01/2017 is for July 2017 charges and credits. To ensure accuracy in funding, please send updates/questions/requests to the Facilities Planning and Management Finance and Budget staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.