Parking through Aug. 31, 2020
Campus is reduced to essential operations only (see Chancellor Blank’s March 17 announcement) and Transportation Services office locations are closed and staffing reduced. Essential employees coming to campus do not need a parking permit to park in many designated campus lots. Learn more about essential employee parking
At this time, parking permit options for the rest of the 2019-20 parking year (through August 31) cannot be bought. The uncertain state of campus operations may mean 2019-20 permits and bus passes will not be sold again before the end of the parking year. Information will be shared if lots are restricted and permits are required again for all of campus; sales would restart to accommodate permit needs.
2020-21 Parking (Sept. 1, 2020 – Aug. 31, 2021)
Although there is uncertainty about fall 2020 campus operations, Transportation Services is planning for a regular parking year where lots are restricted and permits are required.
Reminder: 2020-21 employee bus pass and afternoon, night, moped, and motorcycle permits will be available to purchase starting August 1. Purchases should be made online in the eBusiness purchasing portal.
2020-21 department limited, service, and vendor permits and reserved stall applications open the week of May 25 and close June 19.
2020-21 base lot, Flex, UW Disabled, and business alternate permits require an application. If you think you will need one of these types of parking permits, consider applying now. (Review the types of parking permits on the permit information page.) Parking offers are sent by email in mid-July and August. If you get an offer you can decide if you want to purchase the permit. If you purchase a 2020-21 permit and your fall situation changes, you could return the permit. Charges may apply for cancellations after September 1.
Some dates to know:
- Parking permit applications are open May 11 – June 5 for the first application period (“round one”). Round one parking offers will be emailed July 13-17 with a purchase deadline of August 4.
- Not everyone who applies during round one will get an offer in July—those who don’t get an email are added to a waiting list for the lots they requested. There are two rounds of offers in August and another in early September. Applying earlier means you have a better chance of getting a permit offer before September 1. Do not apply more than once unless you want to change your lot choices.
- If you miss the June 5 application deadline, there is a second application period (“round two”) July 13 – August 4. The second round of permit offers will be sent August 5-6. See more application dates and deadlines in the parking calendar below.
Employees who have previously held a base lot, Flex, or UW Disabled permit can now apply in the permit application system (PAS). Students need to complete a pre-approval application before they may apply for parking.
If you have never applied for parking before, you need to contact your Unit Transportation Coordinator (UTC) for approval to apply. Information in the “applying for parking” section of the permit types and information page and on the new employee page may be helpful to you.
You can also now find helpful parking links in MyUW (my.wisc.edu)! Add the “Parking at UW” and “Transportation at UW” tiles for a quick and easy way to access some of the most commonly used Transportation Services resources.
- Parking permit types
- How to apply for parking
- Parking rates and policies – 2020-21 rates are the same as 2019-20
- Campus parking maps
- Transportation Services operational response to COVID-19
Schedule for 2020-21 parking applications
|May 11 – June 5||Parking applications open – Round 1|
|June 5||Deadline for Round 1 parking applications|
|July 13 – 17||Round 1 parking offers sent via email*|
|July 13 – August 4||Parking applications open – Round 2|
|August 1||Employee bus pass and afternoon, night, moped, and motorcycle permits go on sale|
|August 4||Deadline to accept Round 1 parking offers and deadline for Round 2 parking applications|
|August 5 – 18||Parking applications open – Round 3|
|August 5 – 6||Round 2 parking offers sent via email*|
|August 18||Deadline to accept Round 2 parking offers and deadline for Round 3 parking applications|
|August 19||Round 3 parking offers sent via email*|
|August 28||Deadline to accept Round 3 parking offers|
* Applying for a parking permit does not guarantee you will receive an offer. If you do not receive an offer, you will be added to a waiting list and may get an offer in a future round.
Applications submitted after August 18 will be processed approximately every two weeks throughout the parking year. You can see which permits are available at any given time by referring to the annual permit availability list on the UW–Madison Transportation Services website (transportation.wisc.edu/permits/annual-permit-availability/).
To apply for a parking permit: go.wisc.edu/permitapply
To accept an offer and buy your parking permit: go.wisc.edu/tsebusiness
Starting August 1 – To buy a bus pass and/or an afternoon, night, moped or motorcycle permit: go.wisc.edu/tsebusiness