This page will be updated with project changes and new work as information becomes available. Reminder: project dates are subject to change due to weather or other factors.
Learn about current parking and transportation operations in the Transportation Services Operational Response Hub.
Updated August 9, 2021
Central campus projects
Bascom-Lathrop utility project
A new phase of the Bascom-Lathrop utility project has begun. Construction during this phase is concentrated along Lathrop Drive, and includes multiple stages of work, and will last until July 2022.
- Lathrop Drive is closed to thru traffic, with both lanes closed from Lincoln Drive to Park Street. Detour using Observatory Drive, University Avenue, Johnson Street, or another similar route.
- Several areas of Lot 5 (east) are closed.
- Access between Lathrop Drive and Charter Street will be available throughout this work.
For project updates, see the Bascom-Lathrop project page.
East campus projects
Sellery Hall steam project
Latest information update in 8/9/21 news post
Under road utility work. Southern lane of Johnson Street closed between the bus stop outside Sellery Hall up to Lake Street. Park Street’s (northbound) right turn lane onto Johnson Street is closed.
Starting the week of August 16, various closures will happen in and around East Campus Mall. These closures are expected to last into mid-winter/early 2022, depending on weather conditions:
- Section of East Campus Mall between Johnson Street and Dayton Street. Pedestrians and bicyclists will need to cross Johnson Street near the intersections of Park Street or Lake Street, as the mid-block East Campus Mall crossing will be unavailable.
- The southern lane of Johnson Street closed from the Johnson & Park bus stop (#0455) up to the intersection with Lake Street.
- The east-west sidewalk south of Johnson Street closed from just west of East Campus Mall until Lake Street.
Detour signage will be on site to direct pedestrians and bicyclists. Please stay on marked detour paths.
South campus projects
Chemistry building addition project
Mills Street between University Avenue and Johnson Street is closed to two-way traffic until late summer 2022; detour via Brooks, Charter, or Park Street. One lane of northbound Charter Street between University Avenue and Johnson Street remains closed. Lanes on University Avenue remain shifted. Several area sidewalks impacted.
West campus projects
Veterinary Medicine addition + Gym-Nat replacement projects
Lot 62 and Easterday Lane between Observatory Drive and Linden Drive are permanently closed; area will be absorbed for the Veterinary Medicine building addition.
Several area sidewalks and paths are unavailable while work takes place, please follow on-site detour signage. The eastbound bus stop has been moved to the east of Colwood Drive.
Linden Drive between Colwood and Easterday Lane is eastbound only.
A pedestrian and vehicle bridge across Willow Creek — connecting Linden Drive — opened July 9. This replaces the old pedestrian-bicycle bridge previously closed for structural integrity concerns. Linden Drive between Easterday Lane and Colwood Drive is closed permanently; access to the Vet Diagnostic Lab is only available using this bridge connection.