UW-Madison campus winter parking rules for motor vehicles, mopeds, and bicycles are in effect November 15, 2022 through March 15, 2023.
Winter parking rules
The following winter parking rules are in effect every day from 2:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. between November 15, 2022 and March 15, 2023, regardless of weather conditions.
- No street parking is allowed along Observatory Drive or Linden Drive. This includes Lot 26 street stalls along Observatory Drive, and Lot 40 and 59 stalls along Linden Drive.
- Parking is restricted in Lots 16, 34, 40, 45, 50, 51, 137, and moped Lot 695 to allow for snow removal. Please park in designated rows marked by “Shoveling Bucky” signs.
- Top levels of parking ramps may be blocked off to better facilitate snow removal.
Some bike racks are closed in certain campus locations to allow snow to be cleared from nearby walkways. These racks are roped off and signed. Parking is not allowed at these locations from November 15 through March 15.
Reporting snowy/icy conditions
Transportation Services works with FP&M Physical Plant – Grounds to ensure sidewalks, bus shelters, parking lots, and roads are as clear as possible during winter months. However:
- If you encounter snowy, slippery, or icy conditions in a parking lot or moped parking lot, please notify Transportation Services by completing a lot maintenance form. Please note it can take 4-5 days to plow all moped lots.
- To report snowy or icy conditions in other areas on campus, please contact FP&M Customer Service.
Be safe on your winter commute
For more information on winter parking and winter commute tips, please visit the winter parking procedures webpage.
Winter parking map
The map below shows parking lots, bike parking areas, and street areas affected by winter parking rules.