The legal holiday of Thanksgiving on Thursday, Nov. 24 will cause closures of UW Transportation Services offices this week and a reduction in services for Madison Metro Transit, including campus bus routes.
- Route 80 will run modified recess schedules on Thursday (final scheduled trip departs Memorial Union at 9:15 p.m.) and Friday & Saturday (final scheduled trip departs Memorial Union at 11:15 p.m.)
- Routes 81 and 82 will not run Wednesday through Saturday
- Route 84 will not run Thursday or Friday; does not operate Saturday or Sunday, as usual
Additionally, the UW accessible circulator shuttle will not operate Thursday or Friday. The UW park and ride location (Lot 202) will be closed Thursday; the lot will be open on Friday and shuttle service will resume.
Transportation Services will waive some campus parking restrictions (see below) to accommodate bus riders unable to easily travel to campus during Metro’s reduced service.
Wednesday, Nov. 23:
Beginning at 6 p.m., parking will be free in all gated parking lots (ramps and garages) due to scheduled software maintenance on the parking system.
Thursday, Nov. 24:
Parking permits are not enforced on UW legal holidays, including Thanksgiving.
Friday, Nov. 25:
All gated parking lots (ramps and garages) will be under normal weekday operation: permit or payment required. Visitors must pull a ticket and pay upon exit. A valid UW permit for the gated lot can enter and exit per usual.
Most surface lots will be treated as if it is a UW legal holiday, meaning no UW permit will be required to park; exceptions are listed below. Parking will be available on a first-come, first-served basis in permit parking stalls. If no parking stalls are open in a lot, drivers must proceed to the nearest available lot.
Exceptions to waived surface lot parking restrictions on Nov. 25:
- Lot 11 and Lots 74 and 82 near UW Hospital will require lot-specific permits.
- Restricted parking areas, including access aisles, fire lanes, and no parking zones, are always enforced.
- UW Disabled stalls will require either a UW Disabled permit or State DOT Disabled permit/plate.
Saturday, Nov. 26:
Regular parking enforcement resumes throughout the UW-Madison campus.
Questions can be directed to UW Transportation Services customer service at email@example.com or call (608) 263-6667.