Update, February 6: The dates of the bus stop closures have changed. The article below reflects the new closure dates.
Westbound bus stop #488 at Linden and Charter, in front of Van Hise Hall, will be closed on these dates due to a construction project:
- February 7 through February 9
- February 12
- February 14 through February 17
- February 26
Madison Metro routes 28, 38 and 65 and campus bus routes 80 and 84 will instead pick up and drop off at stop #184 on Linden Drive at Henry Mall (directly in front of Agriculture Hall) and a temporary bus stop at the corner of Linden and Charter (in front of Van Hise Hall).
Accessible transit during the bus stop closure
The temporary bus stop on the corner of Linden and Charter is not ADA-accessible. Stop #184 at Agriculture Hall is ADA-accessible, but may create a greater travel distance for those who usually disembark in front of Van Hise. If campus community members need assistance with drop-off or pick-up closer to Van Hise Hall, they are encouraged to schedule rides with the UW accessible shuttle.
To schedule an accessible shuttle ride, call (608) 890-1352 or email firstname.lastname@example.org at least one hour before the desired pick-up time.
- Pick-up and drop-off may be requested at any destination on the UW campus.
- When requesting a ride, please provide your name, a call-back phone number, pick-up address, and desired pick-up time. Please tell the dispatcher if you require a ramp and/or tie-downs for mobility equipment.
- Your desired pick-up time must be within a 20-minute window (10 minutes before and 10 minutes after your desired time). Be aware that it may take up to 30 minutes after your pickup time to be dropped off at your destination.
- Please provide any instructions about boarding assistance you may need when it comes time to board the vehicle.
More information about the UW accessible shuttle
The UW accessible shuttle provides on-call and pre-scheduled service to destinations on the UW campus.
The service is free for UW employees, students, and visitors with mobility disabilities and other mobility issues, whether permanent or temporary. No pre-registration is required.
Operating hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. until 7:30 p.m. during fall and spring UW class sessions and exam periods. There is no service on UW holidays, weekends, winter break, spring break, or in the summer.