Due to severe weather conditions, UW-Madison has cancelled classes, events, and activities from 5 p.m. Tuesday through noon Thursday. Only essential campus services will be operating. Essential employees reporting to work on Wednesday, Jan. 30 may park in the closest lot location to their workspace.
All Madison Metro buses will operate as normal, including campus routes 80, 81, 82, and 84. Please anticipate buses to be at or near capacity.
The following Transportation Services programs are affected:
- All gates will go up at gated parking facilities at 5 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 29. Essential employees are encouraged to park in gated parking facilities so Physical Plant–Grounds can work on clearing surface parking lots. Regular parking operations will resume on Friday, Feb. 1.
- All Transportation Services customer service offices will be closed on Wednesday, Jan. 30. Regular hours will resume at 12:15 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 31.
- UW park and ride lots 202 (Wingra) and 203 (University Crossing) are closed on Wednesday, Jan. 30 and no shuttle service will run. Regular operations in place all day on Thursday, Jan. 31.
- SAFEwalk is closed the evening of Tuesday, Jan. 29 and Wednesday, Jan. 30. Regular hours of 7 p.m. until 1 a.m. will resume on Thursday, Jan. 31.
- The UW accessible circulator shuttle will not operate on Wednesday, Jan. 30. Service resumes at 11 a.m. on Thursday, Jan. 31.
- The University Bicycle Resource Center is closed from 4 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 29 until noon Thursday, Jan. 31.