Although the University Bicycle Resource Center (UBRC) remains closed, there are still opportunities to learn about bike maintenance! Monthly programming moved online in the fall semester, and more virtual classes are coming this spring.
Spring semester class options cover topics like how to find your best bike fit, bike traffic skills, annual maintenance, and bike part repair. Pre-registration is required, but there are no attendance limits. All experience levels are welcome and classes are open to UW students, employees, and community members. Classes are hosted in Zoom and will be recorded for later viewing.
Spring semester classes start off with Rear Wheel Removal and Re-install on February 16 from 6-7:30 p.m.
Other spring class dates:
- Annual Maintenance and Chain Cleaning – Tuesday, March 23, 2021 | 6 – 7:30 p.m.
- Shifting and Derailleurs Class – Tuesday, April 20, 2021 | 6 – 7:30 p.m.
- Bicycle Traffic Skills 101 – Tuesday, May 11, 2021 | noon – 1:30 p.m.
- How to Buy/Select a Bicycle & Basic Bicycle Fit – Tuesday, June 8, 2021 | noon – 1:30 p.m.
See full class descriptions and registration information on the University Bicycle Resource Center page.
Missed out on fall classes? Fear not — all classes were recorded and are available for viewing on YouTube! Individual class recording links can be found below and on the University Bicycle Resource Center page.
Fall class recordings:
- Bicycle Flat Fix Class Recording – September 15, 2020
- Basic Bicycle Brakes Recording – October 13, 2020
- Bicycle Hub Overhaul Demo Recording – November 10, 2020
- Bicycle Through Winter Recording – December 8, 2020
See full class descriptions on the University Bicycle Resource Center page.
All class recording are being compiled in this UBRC virtual class playlist on YouTube.
More information on bicycling amenities and resources can be found on the bicycling page, including details on bicycle parking options, campus bicycle air and repair stations, and bike share options.