Madison Bike Week is June 3-10!
Local bike advocacy organizations Madison Bikes and Wisconsin Bike Fed have published this year’s calendars of community bike week events. Participate in a group ride or bike party, stop by a commuter station, or get a free tune-up at one of several events hosted by local groups and businesses. Also check out offerings by the University Bicycle Resource Center (UBRC) located on the UW-Madison campus.
Campus bike resources
Participate in bike week by attending a free class at the University Bike Resource Center:
How to Plan a Bicycle Route
Thursday, June 8
Noon – 1 p.m.
No registration required
Taught by Dar Ward, UW Commuter Solutions Manager and longtime bicycle commuter.
Take care of some DIY bike repairs during open shop hours
The University Bicycle Resource Center (UBRC) is tucked away on the ground level of the Helen C. White parking garage (Lot 6). Open to the campus community and visitors, the UBRC provides a do-it-yourself space for bike tune-ups and bike classes. The shop provides free use of tools, air pumps and grease, bike repair manuals, and much more.
If you need to inflate your tires or perform quick maintenance, 11 air-and-repair stations are located across campus. The air-and-repair stations are free for anyone to use. For locations, see the air and repair station map.
Community bike week events
For Madison-area events, check the Madison Bikes event calendar.
For bike events outside of Madison, check out the Wisconsin Bike Fed event calendar.
Here are just a few campus-area highlights:
Monday, June 5
- 8 a.m.: On your ride into campus, stop for coffee and donuts on the Capital City Path near Machinery Row Bicycles.
Tuesday, June 6
- 8 a.m.: If you require additional donuts, check out another coffee and donut stop on the Southwest Commuter Path near Motorless Motion Bicycles.
- 3 – 6 p.m.: Visit Porter Boathouse along Lakeshore Path for boathouse tours and bike talk. Hosted by UW Rowing.
Wednesday, June 7
- 6 – 9 a.m.: If you missed this event on Tuesday morning, you’ve got one more chance to stop by Porter Boathouse along Lakeshore Path. Hosted by UW Rowing.
Thursday, June 8
- 7 a.m.: Free bike repair at Short Stack Eatery on State Street. Hosted by Dream Bikes, Wisconsin Bike Fed, Wheel for Winners, and Short Stack Eatery.
- 12 p.m.: Free class: How to Plan a Bicycle Route at the University Bicycle Resource Center.
- 3 p.m.: Pop Up Popsicle Stop on the Southwest Commuter Path at Crazylegs Plaza near Regent Street. Free clip-on lights, popsicles, and water station. Hosted by Spencer Real Estate Group and Lake Ridge Bank.
Friday, June 9
- 4 p.m.: Join the Madison Bike Week Party at Brittingham Park near Park Street and West Washington for grilling, beverages, music, and bikes. Free admission.
For more information about biking on the UW-Madison campus, please visit our bike page.