- Route 80 will run a weekend schedule on Thursday, and a shortened weekday recess schedule on Friday.
- Routes 81, 82, and 84 will not have service Thursday and Friday.
- The UW accessible circulator shuttle will not operate Thursday or Friday.
- UW park and ride (Lot 202) will be closed Thursday and there will be no shuttle service. The lot will reopen and there will be shuttle service on Friday.
Transportation Services will waive some campus parking restrictions during Metro’s service reductions:
Thursday, November 23
Parking permits are not enforced on Thanksgiving.
Friday, November 24
- Gated parking lots (ramps and garages) will be under normal weekday operation with permit or payment required. Permit holders assigned to gated parking lots will be able to enter and exit as usual. Flex Gated permit holders will be charged for parking in their assigned lots, and visitors must pull a ticket and pay upon exit.
- Surface lots: UW parking permits will not be required to park in most surface lots. Exceptions are listed below. Parking will be available on a first-come, first-served basis in permit parking stalls. If no parking stalls are open, please proceed to another lot.
Exceptions to waived surface lot rules on Friday, November 24:
- Lot 11 and Lots 74 and 82 near UW Hospital will require lot-specific permits.
- Lots 16, 18, and 19 near the Field House and Lots 87, 91, and 94 near the Kohl Center will be closed midday Friday for special events. The lots will reopen Friday night after the events end.
- Restricted parking areas, including access aisles, fire lanes, and no parking zones, are always enforced.
- UW Disabled stalls will require either a UW Accessible permit or State DOT Disabled permit/plate.
Saturday, November 25
Regular parking enforcement will resume throughout the UW-Madison campus.
Questions can be directed to UW Transportation Services customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (608) 263-6667.